Friday 21 September 2012

Starting new things.

I have this innate ability to start projects, get bored of them and cast them aside, especially when my mood is low or I'm distracted by real life infiltrating my spare time. I am a mass of unfinished projects forever put on hold or simply cast by the wayside for something newer, more interesting or easier to do.  I jump to the next project gaily then run out of steam pretty quickly which in my growing awareness of my habits is infuriating me.

I am trying to change my approach to projects now. Admittedly I have about ten things I need to sort out right now and no way of prioritising them. these include,

  • finishing the Sins trilogy (Mine and Husbeast's horror series)
  • finishing the crochet projects I've stashed upstairs for future use.
  • making the scarves from the knitting kits I bought from the 99p shop a couple of weeks back.
  • finishing that scraper foil set I bought last weekend in a fit of boredom.
  • reading most of the books I've set aside upstairs.
  • planning and making my new jewellery ranges 
  • top to bottom cleaning of our flat including washing the carpets.
  • setting up the overlocker with black thread and testing it out.
  • making the cloaks for sale that i've been ignoring since last year.
  • sorting out the boxes from the front door hallway and cleaning out the cupboard under the stairs.
Not to mention the fact I have started researching and writing a gluten free cookbook as something to do in the evenings whilst Husbeast works out modifiers and stats for his RPG.

A new start is needed, no more procrastination, finishing what I've started and seeing it through to its conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment